Monday, January 20, 2014

Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial....

Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial....wow... that really speaks volumes doesn't it.

I write this after having eaten TOO much at dinner and now I feel painfully bloated.  to me this speaks back to  those little God nudges as I call them... the little twinge telling you you shouldn't be doing whatever it is that you are being convicted of...  that nagging feeling that there is something more important that you should be doing than this.  You should be spending time cleaning instead of playing for hours on Facebook,  you should pay more attention to your family than having your eyes glued on to the TV, more time with God.  over the next six weeks I am doing an online Bible study that goes with the book Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst.  I am feeling excited to do this Bible study as I put the book on my Nook last summer and haven't read it yet.

I know where my weaknesses lie, but changing is what I have a great deal of trouble with.  it is hard to calm the mind and concentrate on little things when you would rather be playing mind numbing games on Facebook.  Or stuffing your face because you are hungry, but never being satisfied...  I pray that over the next 6 weeks I can grow in Christ, and stop coming unglued all the time, and crave good things (God, time with my children, time with my husband)  I pray that I can make a noticeable change and that my family sees and make the changes that God is moving them to make as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment