Friday, February 15, 2013

new blog

ok... trying again to start blogging on a regular basis... 

I'm married (16 years) and we have three boys (R is 11, T is 5, and A is 20 months).  I have been a stay at home mom for 4 years now... I always thought it would be great to stay at home with the kids... don't let anyone fool you... THIS IS WORK!!!!!  :)  More work than I ever thought it would be if I were to be honest.  I am starting this new blog to hopefully help me gain better control over my house and make it into a home (like the one I grew up in).

A little back ground... K and I met in college.  Our oldest, R,  was born at 31 weeks, has very mild cerebral palsy, ADHD, and Asperger's syndrome (a form of autism)  (the ADHD and Asperger's diagnosis came after we had pulled him out of regular school at the age of 9 because of behavioral problems and started virtual schooling.  we did that for two years and I just couldn't deal with him not doing the school work so he is back in the local district as of this past August) .  The middle boy, T, was born at 36 weeks... because the dr thought it was time for me to go back to work... he was diagnosed in May by the local school district with Asperger's and ADHD... (yeah I get ALL the FUN)... The baby, A, was born at 39 weeks (don't think I wanted to go much longer as I had never been THAT pregnant before )  so far he has a bit of a speech delay.  I think it is entirely possible that my husband and I both have Asperger's as well... but were never diagnosed.

My first step today will be to stop letting myself get overwhelmed and make small attainable goals each day. Today's main goal is to wash the dishes and put them away when they are dry... yeah I know how hard can that be.... ummm well would be a lot easier if I weren't the dish washer, dryer and put awayer... Daily goal after I get them done... not to let them stack up again... do them as they are dirtied to keep things nice and neat in the kitchen. 

My plan is to start blogging a little every morning... what my goals are for the day and how I did on the previous days goals, as well as what is going on in our lives.  K started his own business last year and it is finally starting to take off... if only we can keep the vehicles working as they should.  R is in 6th grade and for the most part doing pretty good.  T is in kinder and is having some behavioral issues (fun fun fun).  And A and me are at home most of the day... I try to clean while he naps most of the time...

No comments:

Post a Comment